POSITION DESCRIPTION / DESCRIPCION DE PUESTO:
The PE is responsible for developing, characterizing, qualifying and controlling configuration of Reed Relay products, and for supporting all aspects related to application, characterization and testing of Photo-MOS relays. Based on strong technical background will work closely with Product Management, Supply Chain and Manufacturing functions to drive continuous improvement activities related to product cost, quality and reliability, and will support customer related requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & AUTHORITIES / FUNCIONES & AUTORIDADES DEL PUESTO:
- Owns and drives product performance characterization and specification.
- Controls product BOM and configuration.
- In collaboration with other functions, defines product testing, reliability and qualification requirements and recommends appropriate methodologies.
- Take part in new product/technology development process at design phase to define cost structure and test/manufacturing strategy.
- Drive cost reduction and yield improvement projects.
- In collaboration with Supply Chain and Quality will identify and develop suppliers in their capability to consistently produce materials that meet our specifications.
- Assists Sales and Marketing and Quality groups with customer related issues and opportunities, based on strong product and technical knowledge.
- Performs period competitive analysis via product characterization. Collects, generates and submits data and analysis for review and documentation.
- Visits customers if, when appropriate to either work through product/application related issues and/or obtain new product insight/knowledge for future product definitions in conjunction with Product Management.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / EDUCACION REQUERIDA:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED / HABILIDADES Y CONOCIMIENTO REQUERIDO
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in product/test engineering roles.
- Experience in statistical data analysis, with knowledge in Lean/Six-sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of integrated circuits in CMOS technology.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively.
- Analytical & Diagnostics skills.
- Problem Solver, Innovator.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED / MATERIAL Y EQUIPO USADO:
- Software tools for design and analysis such as Solid Works, Inventor, Mini-Tab.
- MS Word, Excel, MS-Access, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, etc
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below, attaching your resume in PDF format.